Leading international hedge fund seeks to hire an Operations Associate with middle and or back-office experience and a strong track record for adding valuing, running projects and improving processes. While this position will contribute to the day to day functions of the department, process improvement and project management will be a large focus of the role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor outsourced functions to ensure those responsibilities are being fulfilled in a high quality, timely manner
- Produce various internal and external reporting, including but not limited to client, regulatory, risk & control and management metrics
- Function as liaison between outsource partner(s) and internal departments (e.g. trading, client service) regarding special projects and initiatives
- Develop and implement solutions to create more streamlined, automated processes
- Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating a strong academic record from a competitive school
- 2-7 years’ experience in financial services Operations and/or Investor Services
- Strong skills in relevant software applications, particularly Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint.
- Data manipulation and coding skills are a plus (e.g. pivot tables, macros, VBA, SQL, “R”, etc)
- Excellent ability to detect and trouble-shoot problems, logical reasoning, and common sense