International hedge fund with over a ten-year track record seeks to hire experienced Quantitative Analysts with trading and or research experience due to growth and the expansion into new asset classes.
These positions will play a key role in the development and implementation of the firm’s systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in the global markets.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with and for some of the world’s top quantitative finance minds. Our client offers an interactive and team driven environment that results in continuous growth and learning as well as strong income potential. Positions available in Greenwich, CT and New York City.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Meet with Senior Researchers, Traders, CIO and the senior management team to help organize the firm’s global research and trading efforts
- Develop research and trading agenda in a specialization area (e.g. quant macro, equities microstructure, rates modeling, etc.)
- Acquire information related to one’s area of specialization
- Develop specifications for new processes based on research agenda and feedback from researchers and traders
- Evaluate research needs and provide input to development of trading system
- M.S. or Ph.D. from a top tier institution in a quantitative discipline (Ex. Mathematics, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics etc.)
- Three plus years of experience at a top firm ideally in trading and research
- Experience with one of the following: Futures, Currencies, Commodities, FX, or CTA
- Knowledge of the full cycle from alpha development to trading issues within your area of specialization
- Experience with alpha development and simulation
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills, combined with creativity, innate curiosity, and attention to detail