Global hedge fund is adding Analysts and Associates to their Portfolio Management team/department. As a part of this team, you will construct portfolios and trades for all assets under management and oversee a systematic process that implements the firm’s investment ideas.
In this role you will develop an understanding of how markets work, how the firm thinks about managing assets along several different dimensions; Ex. diversification, risk targeting, trade pacing, and learning how those things connect and interact with each other. This position will also interact and converse with a diverse group of people including senior investment managers, traders, and developers offering the incumbent a good deal of exposure and visibility.
Additionally, this position offers both formal and on the job training taught by some of the best investment professionals in the world; the opportunity to take on increasingly challenging and complicated responsibilities and as well as exposure to a variety of the firm’s investment areas and processes.
Some specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with and overseeing the systemized logic we use to generate client portfolios and trades daily
- Understanding and effectively communicating the state of those portfolios to our senior investment teams and CIOs
- Working with colleagues to build new investment systems and or improve older ones
- Constantly driving initiatives to improve the quality, reliability, and efficiency
- BS in Finance, Math, Engineering, CS or other related discipline from a top tier institution
- Strong academic track record
- Highly analytical, logical; strong problem solver
- Have a strong interest in understanding and learning about the financial markets
- Enjoy working with systems, data and learning how to leverage technology for process improvements