The Interior Architect position is a licensed architect (or architectural-educated professional on the path to licensure) who has the primary role of representing the in-house interior-focused architectural design work of the firm for those projects assigned, and may communicate regularly with the Client and Consultants. The Interior Architect should have a strong ability and/or background in translating interior-based architectural design concepts into solutions from the Schematic Design through Construction Administration phases. The person assigned to this position must be able to work with the entire design project team (other interior design staff, engineers, specialty consultants, construction trades, etc.) during both design and construction, and fully understand the diverse options in materials and methods of interior construction.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor`s/Master`s degree from a fully accredited College or University in the field of architecture
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience.
- Registration as a Licensed Architect in the State of Connecticut is preferred, and should be obtainable if not yet registered.
- Additional courses or studies in business and/or practice management and human resources are encouraged.
Requirements:Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit software as a tool to effectively develop and create conceptual and contract documents for projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with firm colleagues, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard design office policies/procedures
- Ability to mentor (and be mentored) by the leaders of the firm and new team members to the firm