Hedge fund in Greenwich, CT with a twenty plus year track record, is adding a Fund Accountant to one of their fund teams. The firm invests in a number of asset classes and remains at the forefront of the industry as a result of their cutting edge technology, research and infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity to join a stable, growing and dynamic firm and learn from some of the best in the business.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create and review monthly financial and management reports for the funds.
- Liaise with outside administrators to create and maintain the financial records for the entities.
- Coordinate with product accountants on complex securitizations and other deals to ensure proper presentation
- Maintain expense accrual budgets, analyze budget-to-actuals, liaise with relevant departments on expense projections and allocations between deals or desks.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly/annual investor/regulatory reporting
- Help coordinate audit
- Support IR and CS related functions when needed
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5 years Public Accounting/Fund Accounting experience.
- Understanding of complex legal structures and related accounting consolidation issues
- Knowledge of fixed income, whole loans, derivatives, MBS and derivatives is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and computer skills (extensive excel knowledge a plus)
- Strong communication, problem solving skills, and leadership ability.
- Advanced Excel a must