Major Financial Services firm in Westchester County is adding a Fund Accountant to their accounting staff. This position will be exposed to multiple asset classes and fund strategies resulting in a good deal of internal and external exposure, learning, challenges and growth. Our client is an industry leading firm with a very dynamic and fast paced environment. This is will be a great home for those that want to lead, make an impact and further their professional development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all aspects of ad-hoc reporting
- Performing month-end close processes
- Accurate calculation of fund NAV’s
- Working with and learning about varies products including bonds, swaps, CDOs, ABS, equities, options, FX, repos, and futures
- Production of investor allocations and calculation of management/ incentive fees.
- Make postings to the general ledge
- Research and reconcile differences between systems
- Special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience/knowledge as a hedge fund accountant or auditor of hedge funds (general accounting experience may work as well with the interest and desire to learn about fund accounting)
- Strong Excel knowledge (PivotTables, V-lookups, complex if formulas); Geneva or Advent experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities