Wilton, CT-based medical office looking to hire a temporary Receptionist/Scheduler.
Schedule: 7:45 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
Answer phones, greet/meet patients, schedule appointments, check patients in and out, do administrative duties, filing, data entry, etc.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES / CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs visitors/patients courteously and professionally.
- Obtains, verifies and/or updates patient demographic information.
- Collects co-pay and copies of the patient's insurance identification card.
- Assists with answering and screening calls and triaging all incoming telephone calls for urgent information or services. Schedules appointments and records and forwards messages as required.
- Responds to requests for routine information or assistance within the scope of knowledge and authority and refers visitors to appropriate staff members as necessary.
- Maintains strong current knowledge of policies and operating procedures.
- Initiates calls as requested by the Physician, Office Manager, or other professional staff.
- Responsible for opening/closing office duties as needed.
- Photocopying, faxing, and distributing documents as required and in a timely manner.
- Maintains order of document processing area /supply closets, notifying Office Manager of the need to order supplies, ensuring all supplies are distributed upon receipt and kept in their designated areas.
- Maintain copy machines, ensuring all supplies are on hand; call for repair when required.
- Responsible for the management of incoming and outgoing departmental mail; dating as required, sorting, distributing, and generating responses as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to customer service excellence and supports the customer service plan.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy, Standards for Service Excellence, and organizational values of Teamwork, Integrity, Compassion, Respect, and Accountability.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department-specific requirements.
- Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of three years of related front office experience required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency, required
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision within the position's scope of knowledge and authority.
- Computer skills required (MS Office Word and Excel).
- Solid phone/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment operation (hospital computer system, telephone system, fax machine, copy machine, etc.).
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to perform complex administrative tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and, at times, hectic environment.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism.