Our client, a New York City multifamily owner and developer with a more than 30-year track record is seeking a Senior Property Manager. The incumbent should be a multi-talented and accomplished individual responsible for overseeing all property management activities for multiple sites.
- Manage daily operations of several multifamily properties totaling approximately 1,000 apartments.
- Develop procedures and strategies to manage assigned properties, including but not limited to tenant management, implementation of preventative maintenance programs, and contract management.
- Maintain positive relationships with tenants and tenants' associations while being responsive to their concerns and repair requests.
- Supervision and leadership of management staff and all on-site superintendents, handymen, and porters.
- Negotiate and execute all service contracts and ensure all suppliers and vendors meet their contractual obligations.
- Financial oversight and performance responsibility for assigned properties, including understanding and managing budgets and reporting variance explanations to senior management and ownership.
- Supervise capital improvement projects for assigned properties, including hiring architects & engineers where needed, bidding out work, and project management through the completion of improvements.
- Minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience managing multifamily mixed-income and luxury apartment buildings in New York City.
- Knowledge and experience with federal, state, and NYC laws and regulations pertaining to leasing and property operations, including Rent Stabilization, Local Law 11, Local Laws 84 & 87, and Local Law 97.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Local 32BJ union staff.
- Proven motivational skills with the ability to hire, train, and encourage site and management staff.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Yardi, MRI, RealPage, or similar property management software.