Our client is in search of an Accounts Payable (AP) Manager to manage the company's Accounts Payable function. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, a team player with good communication skills, and able to handle multiple priorities within established deadlines. Time management and the ability to delegate is critical. This position reports to the Controller.
- Entering invoices into MRI, ensuring backup is approved, coded properly, and a purchase order is attached (and matches invoice) if necessary.
- Enter invoices into AvidXchange with proper backup scanned into the system. Follow up on invoices entered but not approved.
- Follow up with vendor requests for past due payments.
- New Vendor and/or Entity Setup in MRI/Avid. Handle Admin function in AVID.
- Prepare and review MRI Open Invoices Report to process a check run weekly.
- Assist with AVID payment processing, which occurs 1-2 times weekly.
- Review timesheets from properties, ensuring paychecks tie out to reports and mailing checks to off-site properties.
- Supervise AP Specialist and other staff that have been made available for assistance (e.g., filing, entering invoices).
- Special projects as needed.
Onsite at Forest Hills, New York
8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with one hour for lunch. Some overtime may be needed to avoid a backlog of work.
Requirements:Required Skills / Degree
- Working knowledge of AvidxChange and MRI.
- 5+ years as an AP Manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and attention to detail.