An international hedge fund with a rich history and amazing track record seeks to add a Portfolio Accountant who will be responsible for various middle and back-office functions.
The role is comprised of (1) monitoring and managing the deliverables and performance of outsourcing providers, (2) operating internal processes and procedures, and (3) improving and evolving both (e.g., participating in initiatives enabling support of new products, markets, and unique investor requirements, enhancing processes and controls, etc.).
One of the key advantages of the role compared to a traditional accounting role is that the Associates are developed more as "generalists" who can understand the end-to-end processes, as opposed to specialists in a particular product or process.
- Bachelor's degree, demonstrating a strong academic record
- ~2-8 years of Accounting and/or Operations experience with a financial services firm, hedge fund, fund admin, or public accounting firm
- Strong Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong Communication skills
- Outstanding decision-making capabilities