Our Westport, CT-based client seeks to hire an Accountant.
Location - Westport, CT
Schedule: On-site (5 days 8:30 am - 5:30 pm full time)
- Assist the Business Manager with day-to-day activities.
- Prepare journal entries related to month-end closing activities
- Prepare and perform month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Review the general ledger for input accuracy and verify that the accounts were reviewed for content
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist in the preparation of the weekly payroll
- Prepare Time Analysis reports on projects as needed
- Manage Accounts Payable process, entering invoices, obtaining W-9 from vendors, printing checks
- Manage fixed asset ledger
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis
Medical/dental/vision/LTD and Life Insurance, 401k plan, and a good work-life balance.
- Proven ability to learn new systems quickly is essential.
- Advance experience in MS Excel, including prior experience with Pivot Tables and or Vlookup, would be a plus
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have:
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Effective Time management Skills
• Close Attention to Detail
- Prior experience working at an Architecture/Engineering and or Service based firm is a plus but not mandatory
- 1 to 2 years of accounting experience would be helpful
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred; an Associates degree would be considered