Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager
Our client is a leader among global investment managers specializing in alternative investments, with over $160B AUM. The firm emphasizes an opportunistic, value-oriented, and risk-controlled approach to investments in credit, private equity, real assets, and listed equities. They have over a 1000 employees and locations in 18 cities around the world.
The firm’s Stamford, CT location seeks to hire either a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager for one of their investment divisions. The role will aid in maintaining the books and records for various accounts within the group, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group.
Some responsibilities include:
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or separate accounts.
- Accounting for and reconciliation of valuation, cash, investments & NAV.
- Processing, allocating & reconciling invoices.
- Estimating and posting monthly closing accruals.
- Assisting in the preparation of all quarterly and yearly financial statements.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients.
- 5-10 years of relevant accounting or audit experience with a mix of Big Four public accounting and investment management industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of reconciliation and account analysis.
- Excellent understanding of accounting and the ability to apply relevant investment company accounting rules.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.