Industry leading FinTech/Asset Management company is adding a Broker Dealer Controller to their Greenwich, CT location due to growth.
They have been recognized in the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Forbes FinTech 50 which highlights the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology. They are currently servicing over $80B in invested assets and continue to grow.
The Company’s culture is highly entrepreneurial, requiring high energy and commitment, and focused on building a best-in-class organization that is highly scalable. The collaborative nature of the firm emphasizes teamwork and is committed to being a great place to work and build a career.
This role includes accounting responsibilities, such as month end close duties, assisting with the preparation of budgets/forecasts, and consolidation of financial reports. This position is part of the Corporate Finance team and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee all accounting and compliance related functions of the Company`s broker dealer entities
- Create analytics to explain variance analysis on month over month financials
- Reconciliation of cash accounts
- Review and reconciliation of allocation related to expense sharing agreements
- Work with third party firms to merge existing broker dealers to simplify reporting and maximize efficiency.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management and board financial packages including consolidation of financial statements, actual versus budget variance analysis, and compilation of Company KPI reports.
- 10+ years of Corporate Accounting experience within the Financial Services industry
- Broker Dealer experience would be highly preferred
- Knowledge of booking journal entries and consolidation of financial statements required
- CPA license preferred
- FINRA Series 24 or 27 License preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)