Mail Center/Admin Clerk
Purchase, NY company looking to hire a temporary Mail Center/Admin Clerk
Hours 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
II. FUNCTIONAL SUMMARY:
The Mail Center Clerk will support the Facilities department with mail center and facilities operations as well as office inventory and supplies. To be successful, this individual must be detail oriented, sharp-minded and have high attention to accuracy and thoroughness.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES:
- Accept all incoming deliveries and maintain daily incoming log of all courier packages and all unaddressed incoming checks.
- Distribute US Mail and courier packages throughout HQ according to set daily schedule.
- Process and ship all outgoing inter-company mail according to weekly pouch schedule, and process and send daily courier and US Mail, including US Certified Mail/Return Reciept pieces to local Post Office.
- Maintain all Mail Center shipping supplies and provide supplies/assistance to employees as requested.
- Order and maintain copier machine supplies, provide meter reads, assist with machine troubleshooting and place service calls as needed.
- Maintain inventory and re-stock pantry supplies, office supplies, light bulbs, etc.
- Assist with shredding requests and contact shredding vendor as needed
- Coordinate maintenance/repair for Supplemental A/C , Pre-Action units, fire extingishers, furniture.
- Assist with fire drills and evacuations per building management direction .
- Maintain current Certificates of Insurance (COI) for all vendors.
- Oversite of security access cards and parking permits.
- Audit and prepare department invoices for approval and maintain department file copies of invoices.
- Assist with off-site storage file requests, maintain supplies, review of file inventory for destruction eligibility.
- Assist with light repair work (I.E. light bulb replacement, picture hanging, light furniture repair, etc.).
- Upkeep of common areas, conference rooms and Mail Center.
- Assist with other miscellaneous requests as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable work experience..
- Proficient in Microsoft products - Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word.
- Familiarity with copiers/printers.
- Familiarity with FedEx shipping website and postage machine.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Team player who is dependable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; energetic attitude.
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.