Vice President Finance
International Auction House with a rich history and reputation for the auctioning of fine arts, antiques and automobiles seeks to hire a VP of Finance for their New York City office. Reporting to the Group Controller in Europe, this position will have extensive interaction with the firm’s CEO, other senior executives as well as the Auction Specialist regarding financial matters, planning, budgeting, forecasting and more. This position will be very involved in the "business" and plans to drive it forward.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Budgeting, forecasting, expense analysis and control
- Support CEO with driving the business by maintaining a strong level of financial awareness and providing financial reports, presentations, projections etc.
- Work with Auction Specialists related to the finances, budget, costs of advertising, promoting and auction
- Oversight/Review of US Payroll and Sales Taxes
- Perform client account bank reconciliations
- Supervise two
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 8+ years of related experience
- Solid experience in management FP&A with an understanding of accounting as well
- Strong communicator, personable, outgoing and able to work well with all levels of colleagues