Insurance Payables Coordinator
Long-term temp role, starts mid-April to train and then person will go out on maternity mid-May and will be taking 5 months. Could possibly go perm for the right person, but for now just long-term role.
Remote for now but will go back into the office eventually
Summary: Handle every day financial transactions of the agency including but not limited to interactions with financial institutions, carriers, and agency personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Professional, service minded, detail oriented, good communication & time management skills. Self-starter, team player, analytic & problem solving ability. Reliable and flexible.
- Process timely premium payments to the carriers daily via ACH, wire and/or checks.
- Record these transactions in the system accordingly as well as storing all backup in our document storage system.
- Run the Preliminary Invoice Register daily, print all installment invoices and mail them out.
- Check for incoming client payments daily using the Report Builder and organize invoices accordingly.
- Process and code carrier invoices and statements.
- Resolve and follow up on any issues with service regarding unbilled invoices.
- Request carrier refund checks and process them in the system.
- Resolve any carrier related discrepancies or issues, with the help of service as needed.
- Run the Insurance Payable Ledger to check for old items to research them and/or get them paid, as well as manually closing out any invoices.
- Maintain and sort through the Insurance Payables inbox.
Requirements:Required Skills & Experience:
- Possess basic knowledge of agency accounting as it relates to carrier payables
- Insurance Accounting Experience is a PLUS
- Experience with Agency Management Systems such as Sagitta and Imageright, but not required
- Work independently and efficiently in a fast pace environment
- Establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Pay attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be a team player
Must have insurance payable experience
9-5 hours or 37.5 hours a week