Manager of Credit and Collections
International Auction House with a rich history and reputation for the auctioning of fine arts, antiques and automobiles seeks to hire a Credit and Collections Manager for their New York City office. This person will have excellent communication and customer service skills along with the ability to interact with a high-end clientele in a very professional way.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Analyze and authorize bids for clients wishing to register to buy
- Review and propose all significant credit decisions for ratification by Senior Management
- Manage the collection of debts for purchases made at auction, valuations, and advance recovery.
- Ensure all group credit and payment policies are adhered to
- Manage future department needs
- Resolve third party payment issues and sales tax queries raised by expert departments and buyers.
- Provide onsite support in the New York Office on preview and auction days together with off- site sales and sales in other US offices
- Monitor buyer/vendor extended payment arrangements
- Process cancelled sales and allowance transactions
- Prepare regular debt aging reports for review with senior management
- Work closely with compliance team to screen buyers
- ~10-15 years of experience, with the last 5 years in high volume setting
- Auction House or similar industry experience a plus
- Proven credit control experience in fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational, numeric and client service skills