Senior Accounting Analyst
International shipping and freight corporation seeks to hire an experienced Senior Accounting Analyst. This position will apply one’s knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Additionally, this role analyzes financial prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements and other accounting schedules and reports.
This position offers very good diversity by offering both financial and accounting responsibilities to the incumbent allowing one to broaden their learning and experience across several areas of the business.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare analysis to ensure accurate expense recognition in accordance of GAAP.
- Responsible for accruals, provisions, account reconciliations and other month end close activity.
- Review long term contracts in order to prepare accounting impact analysis.
- Work closely with the business to understand the activities of the business and determine proper accounting of financial activities.
- Assist with compilation and analysis of consolidated budgets and long range plans
- Increase forecast ability and insight in cost and growth drivers
- Trend analysis
- Evaluate and help improve processes and procedures
- Special projects
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or related field required; CPA a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with public reporting, budgeting, forecasting, P&L etc.
- Experience working with budgeting, forecasting, P&L analysis and cost benefit analysis.
- Advanced Excel