International hedge fund located in lower Fairfield County, CT with over $20B in AUMs is seeking to add a Valuation Associate to the firm. This position will be responsible for critical valuation work across multiple funds. The role requires a highly analytical and detail-oriented professional who can work independently and collaborate with others to analyze, check and document all aspects of the valuation process. Additionally, the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees is key (this position will interact with senior management and investment professionals regularly).
The firm offers a great working environment, culture and opportunity to learn and grow. You will feel like a name and not a number. Firm has great access to the trainline and NYC.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Building models and conducting rigorous financial analysis
- Assisting with streamlining and improving the monthly valuation processes
- Maintain detailed documentation of inputs, processes and conclusions
- Participating in Valuation Committee meetings as a subject matter expert
- Interact with external valuation service providers
- BS/BA from a competitive university or college
- 3-8 years of relevant experience with at least three in a core valuations function (analytical, valuation, finance etc.)
- Strong Excel and modeling experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Great team attitude
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach junior analyst