Global investment management firm managing assets for both high net worth and institutional clients seeks to hire a Trading Analyst. The firm, following a “rule” based approach to investing, avoids the unpredictable nature of human behaviors resulting in a disciplined investment process.
As a Trading Analyst, reporting to Trading Manager, you will assist the desk in program trading, ADR step outs, and single security model changes. Working with third parties and internal resources you will also help identify optimal trading solutions to further advance the efficacy of the trading team.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, manipulating / reformatting, harmonizing, and interpreting data with the ability to draw actionable conclusions.
- Provide analysis to identify optimal trading tactics and venue selection
- Analyze execution quality of each member of the trading team via cost analysis software
- Review and analyze commission costs against benchmarks
- Working with brokers and third-party providers to improve execution quality
- BS from a competitive College or University in a quantitative/statistical discipline
- Three or more years of trading experience on the buy or sell side
- Familiarity with US and international market structures, trading execution, and market data
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to work with sizable data sets
- Experience with order management systems and trade cost analysis systems
- Fluency in one or multiple programming languages such as Python, R, and SQL preferred