International hedge fund with a strong track record of success, seeks to hire a Tax Manager with a strong work ethic and high degree of intellectual curiosity to manage all aspects of the tax compliance, planning, and research processes as well as enhance the team’s vision of continuous system and process automation.
Because of this complex structure, diversity of financial products traded, and the level of tax planning requested by the senior management team, members of the Tax group can gain broad exposure to a variety of business and tax issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review various tax workpapers, partnership allocations, and supporting documentation to be used in the tax compliance process and audit defense as needed
- Review tax provision workpapers, with a focus on designing and implementing an automated process
- Provide tax expertise and research to effectively and quickly address day-to-day issues related to management companies, high net worth individuals, hedge funds, and private equity funds
- Manage the design, implementation, and maintenance of proprietary internal software and automation focused on streamlining the tax compliance process with the assistance of the firm’s IT department
- Work with Head of Tax group on special projects
- BS with about 10-15 years of related industry experience (investment management, family office etc)
- CPA, MS or JD
- Track record of automating and improving processes
- Strong problem solver, excellent communication skills