International accounting and advisory firm seeks to hire a SALT Senior Manager/Director for this rapidly growing service area. This person will lead and grow the SALT team for the Financial Services Group which makes up over a third of the firm’s revenue. This is an amazing opportunity to build and develop a key component of one of the firm’s largest practices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review corporate, partnership state tax returns.
- Research tax laws and form position on the application of such laws to specific facts presented during the transaction
- Draft due diligence reports and/or memorandums capturing areas of risk and addressing the application of law to facts.
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax questions
- Supervise, mentor, and develop staff
- Advanced Knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and Treasury Regulations that are relevant to FSO clients Identifying opportunities for improvements in operating efficiencies on both internal projects and client engagements
- Complete oversight of the engagement economics of each of the engagements to which you are assigned
- BS in Accounting with 7+ years of relevant experience; CPA
- Able to build and manage resources for SALT group within the Financial Services practice.
- the ability to synthesize information quickly and efficiently resolve issues
- Proven experience managing teams