International hedge fund with a strong track record of success, seeks to hire a Tax Associate with the ability to handle tax compliance, planning and other related items for a complex fund made up of over 25 funds, and PE vehicles and companies; this position will also handle tax work for several high net worth individuals within the firm.
Because of this complex structure, diversity of financial products traded, and the level of tax planning requested by the senior management team, members of the Tax group can gain broad exposure to a variety of business and tax issues.
The firm offers outstanding benefits, perks and earning potential.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and perform initial reviews of various tax workpapers, partnership allocations, and tax estimates to assist with the tax compliance process
- Operate proprietary internal software and automation to generate Schedules K-1 and tax return templates to be used by external vendor to prepare tax returns
- Continuously focus on improving system and process automation, which includes the design, testing, and implementation of new tools with the assistance of the firm’s IT department
- Address ad-hoc queries from other departments, including questions around foreign dividend withholding tax, ECI implications of trading publicly traded partnerships, and deductibility of potential charitable contributions
- Assist senior tax professionals with projects related to tax structuring, research, and planning
- 3-7 years of work experience
- Bachelor Degree; MS or CPA a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required; ability to build macros using VBA a plus
- Experience within financial services or asset management preferred but not required
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with impeccable attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in learning about all aspects of tax compliance, research, and planning, including an interest in working with technology and automation