Our client in Stamford, CT is currently seeking an experienced Trust and Estates Paralegal.
Must be able to work in a high volume, complex, detailed work environment involving estate administration, trust administration and fiduciary accounting. The paralegal must be able to work independently, handling the administration of an estate from beginning to end collaborating with attorneys as needed. Because much of the work is in the areas of accounting and taxes, the paralegal must have good mathematical skills, good organizational skills, and strong technological skills.
- Identifying, gathering, and valuing assets; and preparing various probate and accounting documents
- Preparing accountings for both estates and trusts, when required
- Preparing death tax returns, including the federal estate tax return and state estate tax returns
- Reviewing and interpreting wills and trust agreements, in collaboration with attorneys, so as to implement the plan during the estate and trust administration process and to fund trusts
- Although attorneys generally research issues of law, the paralegal must be able to use reference materials and perform basic research using a variety of resources
- Undergraduate degree and paralegal certification (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with procedures of courts and regulatory agencies
- Experience working with Microsoft Office resources (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with PDF software and related scanning and production utilities, and with document management software
- Experience working with tax preparation and accounting software (e.g., FastTax, ProSystems)