Global Macro hedge fund is looking to hire an Operations Associate for their growing Operations/Trade Support desk. The firm goes to great length to provide their employees with the tools and training necessary to grow and develop both professionally and personally. Many say their training programs and resources are second to none. Outstanding benefits, wellness and tuition assistance programs are provided as well.
Connecting with and giving back to the community is also paramount to the firm; with over 80% of their employees participating in philanthropic activities, one will have several opportunities to contribute and make a real difference in the world.
The Trade Support group is responsible for trade confirmation and settlements, daily reconciliation to internal and external systems, supporting daily trading activity, infrastructure needs and conducting projects across the equities, fixed income and derivatives platforms.
In this role, one will be responsible for:
- Confirming daily trade activity and managing exceptions in various products such as Bonds, Repos, Rates Swaps, Credit, FX, Futures and Options
- Liaising with Counterparties and Prime Brokers/FCMs to ensure proper settlement/clearance of trades
- Performing position reconciliations with Prime Brokers and Counterparties
- Serving as a liaison with Front Office on all operational related issues including ad-hoc requests
- Monitoring daily control processes
- Challenging processes and identifying possible inefficiencies in daily tasks