Our client is currently seeking a commercial Real Estate Paralegal. The candidate must have 7+ years of commercial real estate paralegal experience.
• Draft, prepare and review closing documents, including various forms of deeds, mortgage deeds, notes, assignments, releases, affidavits, closing checklists, bills of sale, closing escrow letters, estoppels, SNDAs, UCC financing statements, easements, conveyance tax statements, powers of attorney, entity authorizations and certificates, and other documents relative to a particular real estate closing.
• Calculate and pro-rate adjustments and closing costs, including preparation of adjustment sheets, buyer’s/seller’s closing statements, settlement and loan closing statements.
• Coordinate and review title and survey documents, including title reports, title insurance commitments, title exceptions and surveys; prepare summaries and abstracts; coordinate and review owner and loan title insurance policies and endorsements thereto, and ensure issuance thereof; draft escrow closing letters.
• Coordinate and review UCC, lien, bankruptcy and litigation searches, and order payoffs and review or prepare release documents; coordinate zoning reports.
• Prepare entity formation documents (including certificates of formation and articles of organization), applications for employer identification numbers, business registration applications and similar documents, and coordinate filing with appropriate authorities.
• Prepare closing file for closing of transaction, including organizing file, preparation of execution copies of documents and exhibits.
• Assist and attend real estate closings, including coordinating execution of documents and review thereof for proper execution, and taking acknowledgments.
• Attend to post-closing matters, including preparation of closing binders, file organization, preparation of documents for recording/filing and coordinate obtaining and providing outstanding closing items.