Well established real estate development and management firm with clients across the country, seeks to hire a Junior Accountant for their office located in lower Fairfield County, CT. They offer a great work life balance, sold benefits package and a stable working environment
This position is responsible for preparing the daily cash book for all the properties owned and managed. This would include recording all the prior day’s activity for each property as well as assisting the VP of Accounting with monthly accounting duties and special accounting projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare the daily cash book and book balance schedule.
- Track security deposits and receipts
- Reconcile credit card charges monthly for the Property Managers
- Prepare financial statements
- Assist with special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree; Accounting major a plus, but not required
- Property management accounting experience a plus, but not required
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills