Fund Analytics/Engineer Associate
Quantitative investment manager/hedge fund seeks to hire an Associate who will provide analytics and business insights for key management decisions; design and execute procedures and processes that allow the firm to grow their strategies, and to cover all aspects of their complex trading operations.
The position`s responsibilities also include devising streamlined procedures for entering new markets and launching funds as well as developing analytics and tools to understand them.
Success in this role means providing impactful analyses as well as making our trading operations more efficient, reliable, and scalable by sharpening existing processes. It`s a great opportunity to learn about, and meaningfully shape, a vital part of our firm.
- Formulate and deliver analytics and reports for management and various committees that impact the business.
- Facilitate the growth of our algorithmic strategies by designing and implementing procedures for entering markets, trading new financial instruments, and launching funds.
- Enhance the performance of our trading operations by monitoring, analyzing, and reconciling trade and position breaks.
- Prototype new tools to facilitate structuring and analyzing our post-trade-related data in enlightening ways.
- Improve existing procedures and create smarter ones, often in collaboration with many of the firm`s other departments
- Deploy operational improvements that propel our firm-wide risk management efforts.
- BS from a top tier institution in math, IS or another related analytical/engineering discipline
- 1-3 years of professional software engineering experience (Python / C++)
- Strong, meticulous data analysis, and good numerical sense
- Experience with data warehouses, warehouse querying, and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Strong SQL and Excel skills.