Our client, one of the world’s premier financial services company, seeks to hire a Manager of Counterparty Credit Risk. This person will lead and develop a team of credit analysts while providing oversight of several clients including banks, broker-dealers and other financial firms. Monitoring and mitigating risk across a variety of functions and processes is another key component of this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage completion and approval of annual credit reviews of member firms across clearing corporations.
- Ongoing surveillance of performance of clients
- Review credit thresholds for Treasury counterparties assuring adherence to investment policy standards
- Manage and develop staff of approximately 2-5 analysts
- Promote regulatory and compliance awareness and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices
- Bachelor's degree; Masters a plus
- 7+ years of related experience, including 4+ years of managerial experience
- Experience in financial statement analysis and or of financial analysis of financial sector firms (i.e. broker dealers, banks, hedge funds etc.)
- Knowledge of credit risk modeling and experience with a range of financial products
- Understanding of financial sector rules, regulations and reporting, including broker/dealer FOCUS and bank Call reports
- Strong managerial experience