Call Center Manager/Contact Center Manager
Large Norwalk, CT based Call Center seeking to hire a temp to perm Call Center Manager/Contact Center Manager
The Contact Center Manager is responsible for providing superior service to our customers through the management and development of the Contact Center team. The Manager will oversee the daily operations, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training staff in order to fulfill key objectives for the Contact Center organization. Manager is responsible for delivering high standards of service to customers by making the most effective and efficient use of staff and technology resources. Manager must use a range of performance measurements to monitor, analyze and plan improvements to contact center performance. To meet these responsibilities, the manager must be a combination of expert service provider, coach, mentor, motivator, data analyzer and leader of talent. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Performance metrics include service level metrics, low abandonment rate, high conversion rates, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance.
The Contact Center Manager executes the vision for the operation ensuring the Contact Center meets customer and organization needs. The successful Manager is continually engaged in leading and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Responsible for communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, reviewing job contributions and assuring consistent delivery of performance reviews
- Planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Fosters an environment that motivates employees to take ownership and aspire to provide a solution in a single contact
- Foster an environment of continuous process improvement to ensure an enhanced customer experience.
- Collaborate with other managers to enhance service
- Interface with Product, IT, and other teams for system and process enhancements
- Lead the Supervisor team to provide timely feedback based on agent performance metrics and clearly communicate expectations
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine customer complaints and escalations
- Ensure the customer service team members follow documented standardized work procedure
- Ensure two-way communication flows consistently through all channels, at all levels of the department and with cross functional teams
- Manage employee moral by implementing programs, promoting participation, providing positive reinforcement, team/individual acknowledgements, etc.
- Proactive in day-to-day decision making that will affect customers such as service levels
- 10+ years of experience in Customer Service with 5 years in a Contact Center / Customer Service Leadership role
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in work experience
- Outbound Sales and Extended Warranty/Insurance product knowledge is a plus
- Team player, critical/enterprise thinker, and problem solver
- Strong business and financial acumen
- General knowledge of Microsoft applications and experience in Telephony systems
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Travel required - < 10%