A successful candidate will be responsible for not only providing bookkeeping support to the office manager and partners but will also have an opportunity to become involved in many of the day-to-day responsibilities throughout the office. If you are a self-starter, who loves to take the initiative and get involved in projects, this is an ideal opportunity to be part of. Candidates must possess good judgment, be consistently accurate and detail-oriented while communicating well with all levels of management and staff.
- Assist with accounting functions which may include processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, trust accounting, account reconciliations, bank deposits, wire transfers
- Must be familiar with general accounting entries, general ledger, journal entries, etc.
- Responsible for entering attorney time, creating client invoices including reviewing, editing and generating and monthly billing and reminder statements
- Responsible for conflict checks, opening and closing new matters
- Will research and respond to vendor, client and attorney inquiries relating to bills and expenses
- Create and modify spreadsheets used to support various management/financial reports
- Will work with office manager in reviewing, selecting and implementing a new billing/accounting system and will be responsible for the training of new employees
- Assist with tracking capital expenses and assist in the preparation of personal property taxes, 1099 reporting and assisting outside accountants with information needed to prepare K-1’s
- Coordinate facilities management inquiries related to office space and office equipment, including telephone, IT, copiers, etc.
- Serve as IT coordinator for office and will work closely with outside IT firm to resolve on going issues
- Assist Office Manager in responding to employee inquiries regarding office policies and procedures, assist in the training and onboarding new employees, and assist with open enrollment and researching and responding to questions on medical and dental coverage
- Assist with legal library, continuing education, legal software and various attorney registrations and renewals
- May be asked to provide general administrative assistance to attorneys as needed
- Assist in the coordination of various office events
- Assist with special projects and other duties as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Previous legal or corporate experience a plus