Our client is currently seeking a billing and collections specialist Law with 5 or more years of experience working with attorneys from the point of bill creation to collections. This is a fast paced, deadline driven position, requiring excellent client service skills with both attorneys and clients, as required. This individual must have the ability to identify priorities, be flexible to meet daily changing demands, work independently and proactively support team members, if assistance is needed.
• Solid understanding of billing and collections, electronic billing processes and rate structures
• Experience with and ability to work with various technologies
• Monitor and work directly with attorneys on unbilled time, costs, and collection of accounts receivable
• Document client activity and collection efforts.
• Serve as Firm Ambassador in responding to client inquiries and facilitating collection efforts
• Analyze and document specific client billing agreements and alternative fee arrangements
• Maintain records related to client billing guidelines, agreements and collections
• Adhere to firm billing and collection policies
• Communicate clearly with internal and external clients, written and verbally, on billing or collection of accounts receivable
• Respond to attorney inquiries regarding unbilled inventory as well as billing and payment historical data
• Research and provide direction on resolving billing and payment issues
• Identify short paid invoices, billed electronically, and reconciliation
• Issue monthly client Statements of Account