:Investment management and advisory firm with a long standing and rich history seeks to hire an Assistant Controller to their Finance team. The position will work with and support the Controller with financial reporting and consolidations; providing reports for several internal departments including the asset manager, trust companies and broker dealer; as well as provide analysis regarding the firm’s financial results, profits, trends, budgets and broader strategic projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and implement best practices, procedures and processes.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including financial reporting and consolidation, the general ledger, and assist in overseeing receivables, payables, and the payroll function.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate financial statements
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Assist the senior leaders in the finance team in the preparation of budgets or forecasts as needed.
- Support the Controller in overseeing the audit processes throughout the year.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial department and across the firm.
- Provide support and leadership to the finance department as needed
- BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- 7-10 years of relevant accounting experience at a public accounting firm.
- Experience with regulatory reporting for the OCC, OSBC, FINRA and other agencies.
- Knowledge of investment products required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to present technical matters in a way that is meaningful to the audience; dynamic organization requires pro-activity in ensuring targets are met and projects accomplished.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to eliminate rework and inefficiencies to focus on value-enhancing activities.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making.