Our client is currently seeking a collections coordinator who will have a variety of responsibilities within our New Rochelle, NY office. Candidate must also be adept at multitasking as they will generally be responsible for multiple cases at one time. Expert communication skills are a must, as a collections coordinator will spend a great deal of time communicating with clients. This role offers a base salary of $45,000 plus benefits.
• Sending out monthly aging statement, collection letters to customers.
• Placing direct phone calls and E-mails to customers that are past due.
• Works closely with the Office Manager (OM) and CEO to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing.
• Sending final demand letters and notifying sales and admins of financial holds on customer accounts to stop service for non-payment.
• Turning accounts over to an outside Collections Agency after 60 days of collection efforts, service having already been stopped and the amount due is greater than $500.
• Turning accounts over to local small claims court.
• Relays to the OM any and all accounts that need to be written off to bad debt.
• Create spreadsheets of accounts and their financial status.
• Maintains Bankruptcy files on customers within the assigned Company Numbers.
• Prepares documentation necessary to create the Credit or Debit Memo necessary to true up a customer account.
• Oversees and assists with the cleanup of unapplied receipts, short paid invoices and Charge Backs.
• Addressing ongoing customer complaints concerning billing or service rendered and works on complaints of service failures with designated departments.
• Posting customer payments and submitting daily cash receipts to CEO.
• Assisting with organizing the data on commercial budget accounts and update as payments come in.