Our client in New York City, a global trading, marketing and distribution company focused on petrochemicals, plastics and industrial chemicals, is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Associate.
• Enter overhead invoices
• Enter invoices for inventory and matching receipts
• Schedule and prepare checks and international wire transactions
• Issue stop-payments
• Resolve purchase orders, invoices or payment and document discrepancies
• Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
• Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
• Verify expense reports
• Maintain cash spreadsheets to record all payments
• Monitor discount opportunities
• Verify federal identification numbers
• Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
• Assist with month-end close