Large healthcare company looking to hire a Temp to perm Accountant with some healthcare experience. Salary up to 80K. Responsible for general accounting responsibilities: including month-end close, general ledger account reconciliations, journal entry processing, and Other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Assist with the general ledger month-end close and prepare supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Assist with the completion of the month end and year-end closing processes ensuring transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), other accounting authorities, and internal policies and procedures
- Assist the Department in reviewing and analyzing monthly financial reports and statistics, including but not limited to gross patient revenue, provisions for allowances and bad debt, depreciation expense, Hospital Service Agreements (HSA’s), rental expense, etc. for assigned cost centers/practices.
- Record the bi-weekly payroll activity. Work with the Payroll Manager to resolve any discrepancies on a timely basis
- Work with the Payroll Manager to ensure payroll accruals are recorded accurately
- Allocate payroll and benefit costs
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned and provide recommendations to resolve discrepancies
- Address queries that are associated with payroll transactions
- Assist with the preparation of other monthly general accruals journal entries
- Process inter-company billing for physician services
- Assist in cross training the staff
- Assist with the fulfillment of external and internal audit requests
- Assist, as needed, with the documentation of desktop manuals, procedures and controls.
- Other duties / special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years minimum accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills especially VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Experience with Meditech, ADP and Tableau software a plus
- Experience healthcare/Physician Office also a plus, but not required
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work and ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills